Admission to the DE in Native American Studies
Ph.D. students in the following affiliated graduate programs
- Biological Systems Engineering
- Comparative Literature
- Education (Ph.D).
- Performance Studies
may apply for admittance to the Designated Emphasis in Native American Studies after successful completion of NAS 200 with a grade of B+ or better. In addition, students must have arranged with a DENAS faculty member to be the DE faculty advisor prior to being admitted to the Designated Emphasis in Native American Studies.
Eligible students from participating Ph.D. programs are required to complete two applications:
The Graduate Studies Application for Designated Emphasis. Print this application at: https://gradstudies.ucdavis.edu/sites/default/files/upload/files/current-students/gs323-de-app.pdf.
1. Complete and sign the application.
2. Obtain the signature of the graduate advisor in your graduate program.
3. Secure the signature of the DENAS Chair.
Application for Admission to the Designated Emphasis in Native American Studies. Print the DENAS Admissions Application at https://nas.ucdavis.edu/forms
1. Complete the application and secure the signature of the DENAS faculty member who will serve as your advisor.
2. Secure the signature of the DENAS Chair.
After you have completed both applications and have signatures,
1. Submit the applications to Stella Mancillas, Graduate Program Coordinator (Hart 2407, firstname.lastname@example.org).