APPLICATION FEE FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
The Department of Native American Studies at UC Davis recognizes the financial burden that the graduate application fee places on students. To help, our Department will offer a limited number of application fee fellowships for students who wish to apply for the Department’s Ph.D. or M.A. program and who have demonstrated financial need. The UC Davis Graduate Studies Office also offers a separate fee waiver program, please click here for more information. If you qualify for the Graduate Studies Office fee waiver program, you will not qualify for this Application Fee Fellowship since your application fee will be waived.
If you meet the eligibility requirements for a Department fee fellowship, please follow the application instructions listed below. Applications must be received by 4:00 pm Pacific time on November 23rd, 2022 in order to receive consideration. The Department has a limited number of fee fellowships, so please apply as soon as possible. If you apply for a fee fellowship, please do not pay the application fee until you have received a notice of your fee fellowship status. You will receive notification on or before November 28th. The deadline to apply to the NAS Graduate Programs is December 1st.
Domestic (US Citizen/Permanent Resident/DACA/AB 540) and International students are welcome to apply. Please feel free to apply if you can demonstrate financial need.
You can demonstrate financial need in at least one of the following ways:
- You are currently receiving need-based financial aid from your undergraduate or graduate institution. This includes (but is not limited to) being eligible for a federal Pell grant or a Cal Grant A or B as an undergraduate.
- You have completed the FAFSA form and your Student Aid Report (SAR) has an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $3,069 or below.
- Your personal situation makes it financially difficult to pay the graduate application fee. This could include heavy child or elder care responsibilities, current unemployment or a recent emergency that depleted your financial resources.
- Complete the Department’s online fee fellowship application* by 4:00pm Pacific U.S. time on November 23rd, 2022.
- The Department will notify you whether your Departmental fee waiver request was granted by November 28th, 2022. Please do not pay the application fee until you have heard back from the department regarding your fee fellowship application. No refunds will be authorized if paid in error.
You must complete the application by 4:00 pm Pacific U.S. time on November 23rd, 2022. Please contact Victoria Torres, email@example.com, for any questions.